Insuring your home

Your rent includes buildings insurance to cover the structure of your home. But it does not include home contents insurance to cover your furniture or personal belongings.

We strongly recommend that you arrange your own home contents insurance so that you are covered if the worst ever happens. If you are unlucky enough to have a fire, flood or burglary, replacing everything you own could cost you thousands of pounds.

My Home contents insurance

We can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

My Home contents insurance logo

With a special scheme called My Home, arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, our tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

To find out more visit My Home to request a call back or call them on 0345 450 7288. Currently there are separate arrangements in place for tenants with Dales Housing and Seven Locks Housing. Please ask your housing officer for more details.

Pay your rent at a time to suit you

You can pay your rent or view a rent statement at any time using Your Waterloo

If you have a rent query or are having trouble paying your rent, our Rents Team are available during the following times:

Monday 8:30 - 5:00
Tuesday 8:30 - 5:00
Wednesday 8:30 - 5:00
Thursday 8:30 - 5:00
Friday 8:30 - 5:00

To speak to someone from our Rents Team, please call 0333 200 7304 and select Option 1 (you will have two choices after this depending on your transcation) or email

Easier ways to pay your rent

We work with allpay to offer you a range of easy, safe and flexible ways to pay your rent.

Paying your rent allpay logo