Tenancy support

Tenancy support is available to new and existing tenants of Waterloo Housing Group who need assistance with managing their tenancy and living independently.

The service is provided by four dedicated Tenancy Support Officers. We can offer advice, information and support with:

  • budgeting and making the most of your income – e.g. ensuring that you are receiving the benefits that you are entitled to
  • settling in and setting up your new home – e.g. assisting with setting up gas, electricity, water, telephone accounts and directing you to facilities in your local community
  • helping you get assistance from other agencies to ensure that you are supported with any specialist needs that you may have - e.g. substance abuse, mental health or mobility issues
  • housing-related welfare reform - e.g. assisting residents who are affected by the bedroom tax, universal credit and other changes on how you receive benefits
  • any other aspect of your life that may affect your ability to manage your tenancy and put your home at risk

How to apply for tenancy support

  • Refer yourself
    You can apply to the Waterloo Housing Group for tenancy support by calling us on 0800 435 016.
  • Ask someone to refer you
    Alternatively you can be referred by a friend, a relative, your Estates/ Rents Housing Officer or by someone from another organisation. They can refer you by calling us on 0800 435 016. They must have your permission to refer you.

When we receive your application, a Tenancy Support Officer will contact you to discuss your needs and arrange a convenient appointment to meet you. We will make an initial assessment and suggest how we can support you.

Waterloo Homes residents

If you are a shared owner, leaseholder or market rent tenant, please go to the Waterloo Homes website

Go to Waterloo Homes Sold - Copy.jpg